Welcome to Childcare
Care providers are the cornerstone of a child’s first school experience. Let’s make it a smooth one.
Make families feel welcome
• If a child is upset at a drop off reassure the parent that they can check on how the child is doing during the day by stopping by or calling. Leaving a crying child can be very hard for a parent.
• Make sure the child has a supply diapers, wipes, diaper cream, extra clothes and napping things.
• Make sure there is a cubby with the child’s name spelled correctly.
• Introduce the child to classmates.
• Listen to concerns the parents may have.
• Have parent events such as a potluck dinner night out offering care services.
• Inspire parents to come in and read a book or share a skill they may have.
• Get feedback from parents on the program. Have a suggestion box for the entrance or have evaluations sent out.
• Have daily sheets sent home so parents can see how the child’s day was and notes on what supplies the child may need?
• Verbally communicate at drop off and pick up.
• Use email, newsletter, bulletin board and parent mailboxes.
• Parent conferences to discuss goals and see how the child is doing.
I hope these tips help make the transition to easier.