Baby proofing checklist
The baby is growing and wants
to move around more, Now it is
time to get a baby proof list.
1. Outlet plugs: Make sure all
outlets are covered. Open outlets
are a disaster waiting to happen
for small hands either putting
fingers or toys in the socket.
2. Safety Locks: Now the baby is crawling around getting into everything. It is now time to make sure cabinet doors are locked to prevent accidents.
3. Window: Make sure all windows have window guards. Never secure your windows so they do not open as you may need a window for an emergency exit.
4. Gates: Make sure the stairs have a gate up to prevent climbing and falling down the stairs.
5. Doors: Remove doors from old unused appliances such as refrigerators and freezers, coolers and trunks securely because these things can become intriguing hiding places for young children.
6. Pool: If there is a pool or a wading pool outside make sure children are not left alone. Make sure the pool is fenced so children can’t enter alone in and the wading pool should be empty when not in use.
Hi, I'm Marcie Kenny, the women behind this blog. I am not a mother, but I am number seven in a family of nine. I worked in childcare for many years before retiring; now I enjoy blogging about all that I have learned along the way.