I have been asked to review this lovely book which can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRdSlg9AFQ
Peace In My World
Peace In My World is a beautifully written book for young children. The author Sheda Meeha Shah uses bright, colorful drawings of children from around the world to go with the rhyming text. Children will love rehearsing this story over and over again.
Welcome to Childcare
Care providers are the cornerstone of a child’s first school experience. Let’s make it a smooth one.
Make families feel welcome
• If a child is upset at a drop off reassure the parent that they can check on how the child is doing during the day by stopping by or calling. Leaving a crying child can be very hard for a parent.
• Make sure the child has a supply diapers, wipes, diaper cream, extra clothes and napping things.
• Make sure there is a cubby with the child’s name spelled correctly.
• Introduce the child to classmates.
• Listen to concerns the parents may have.
• Have parent events such as a potluck dinner night out offering care services.
• Inspire parents to come in and read a book or share a skill they may have.
• Get feedback from parents on the program. Have a suggestion box for the entrance or have evaluations sent out.
• Have daily sheets sent home so parents can see how the child’s day was and notes on what supplies the child may need?
• Verbally communicate at drop off and pick up.
• Use email, newsletter, bulletin board and parent mailboxes.
• Parent conferences to discuss goals and see how the child is doing.
I hope these tips help make the transition to easier.
Hi I am Marcie Kenny the women behind this blog. No I am not a mother but I am a sister in a family of nine my number is seven in this crowd. I am also known as aunt Marcie to 18 and great aunt to 10.